Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck.

So, I made a bad decision. I guess I used up all my pot luck when I got my kinect. This post will be short and bitter as I am still stewing.

I decided to buy StarCraft II. Several people have now told me that the single player mode isn't a pile of horse shit and actually has some effort behind it. So I decided to buy it. Big. Fucking. Mistake.

Every half hour or so the client pops up with this wonderful little error message that reads “Your Download could not be authenticated. Start a new download.” And requires me to go to the Blizzard website, download a new instance of the same client, and then carry on where I left off- if I'm lucky. One time It just removed all the extra stuff I'd downloaded from that batch.

For a 7 gig file, this is beyond a joke. Oh and to add insult to injury, it's not even a download, it's a torrent.

So basically I can't even leave my PC running overnight to download this shit storm as every so often it just decides a whole new instance of the client needs to be installed.

Fan fucking-tastic.

My advice is simple. You want this game? Bbuy a hard copy. Don't be a sucker like I did and hand over £50 when they can't even make the installer work.

Anyone else having these problems or is it just me?

Update:
Now had to redownload the installer client 5 times.

1 Response to "Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck."

  1. While I bought the game at a store, and the first time I installed it was off of the disk, my two subsequent installs on different computers have been off of the Blizzard website (with their whole download the downloader, then it downloads). Worked perfectly for me, although at my internet speeds I don't think it took more than half an hour. However, I was under the impression that if you wanted to, the downloader would download only from Blizzard servers, and would not use the "peer acceleration" or whatever they decided to call it in their options (although, I haven't looked into how it works too much since I didn't have problems). You could try playing around with the given settings and see if that gets you anywhere.

    Either way, best of luck to you. Try emailing Blizzard support, and see how far that gets you, although I don't have any experiences with them. Or, if you have the option, so as not to waste money, you can borrow the disk from a friend, since the game is authenticated by account rather than CD key or anything.

    Oh, and in my opinion, just the campaign isn't worth the money I spent, although the on-line play with friends does.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger